Cashing on the booming digital payment industry, Google launched a digital payment app called TEZ, in India. The UPI-enabled e-payment app is available for both Android and iOS platform and supports UPI payments via all major banks in India including SBI, Stan C, ICICI, HDFC and Axis bank.
Tez App Features
- The UPI Payment feature allows a user to make payment directly from the bank account instead of adding it first to the app wallet.he app also comes with a “Cash Mode” that makes transaction quickly with nearby Tez users via “audio pairing”, without subletting the mobile number or scanning the QR code. This works somewhat like shareIt. The sender selects Pay option and the receiver selects ‘Receive’ option.
- The App also allows you transfer money between your different bank accounts.
- Apart from UPI, you can also use account details to transfer your money.
- The app also comes with a “Cash Mode” that makes transaction quickly with nearby Tez users via “audio pairing”, without subletting the mobile number or scanning the QR code. This works somewhat like shareIt. The sender selects Pay option and the receiver selects ‘Receive’ option.
- The app supports a number of regional languages like Hindi, Bengali, Gujarati, Kannada, Marathi, Tamil and Telugu.
- To protect the user from cyber-frauds the app is 24/7 protected by Tez shield. The feature prevents the app from hacking and ask for verification each time a user makes a transaction. Each transaction is secured with your UPI PIN and the app is secured with a Google PIN or fingerprint.
- Google is also offering a number of Cashback, Referral, and other rewards to lure new users into trying the app.
Tez App for Business
To gain a foothold in business activities and promote e-transaction there too, the app comes with the Business channel feature. This way the companies can create a custom business channel and target directly to customers with their product and share offers and deals with them, all from within the app.
The feature also lets you accept payments up to Rs. 50,000 per month for your business using UPI without any additional fee or charges.
Google has also partnered with Bus ticketing service RedBus, PVR Cinemas, Domino’s Pizza, DishTV and Jet Airways are launch partners, and several other popular services to boost its usage.
How to earn Referal and Other Cash Backs Using Google Tez App
You can invite your friend and earn using the Tez App.
Step 1: Once you have downloaded and registered your account with the app, link your bank account via UPI
Step 2: click on “New” options under ‘Payments’
Step 3: You will now see a list of contacts who already are signed up for the app. Scroll down to the end of this list to find “Invite your friends” option.
Step 4: For each friend that downloads app and signs up using your invite link, Google will offer Rs. 51 each to both you and your friend (directly credited to the linked UPI account).
You will also get cash backs for payments you make using UPI this week.
Google Tez Payment app review
Google’s Tez app has a smart and intuitive interface. However, it’s simply not very Tez (or fast). Google has provided with a nice set of features, but you can also find these in other UPI apps like PhonePe as well.
Since Google is at the software helms, earning consumer trust shouldn’t be a problem. You can also add your own PIN for additional security while setting up the app.
One unique feature of the App is Cash Payment mode which you can use to Pay or to accept Payment with nearby devices without revealing or sharing your phone number or any other detail. However, It took us 5 to 6 attempts before we could successfully pay money using this particular payment mode.
You can still try it now and avail promotional offers and cash-backs, and we do expect that app to run a lot better after the first few updates.