Over the years we have witnessed evolution of Mobile Phones from simple black & white bricks with hard keypads to color phones and eventually to smartphones with internet accessibility. Each year every smartphone manufacturer introduces a new flagship device and claims it to be the best phone in the world. Even then, these self-proclaimed best smartphones don’t offer best possible experience in all situations. This is where additional smartphone accessories step in. If users are looking forward to have the best possible experience with their smartphone, they should shell out some more and consider buying these smartphone accessories.
Whether you own Apple iPhone 6S or Google Nexus 6P battery life of modern flagships is something which could let you down or even embarrass you in front of your friends. Although, companies have enhanced smartphone capabilities many folds, they miserably failed to improve battery life by comparable proportion.
In a race to claim the title of Slimmest and Sexiest phone in the world, mobile phone manufacturers continue to trim the waistline of their phones to make them more stylish and appealing. However, by doing so, they also compromise battery size. Add to it the increasing smartphone needs of millennials, and you have a calamity of sorts.
To mitigate battery life troubles, Power Bank continues to be the best bet. We expect the same trend to continue in 2016 as well. Smartphone manufacturers like OnePlus, Xiaomi, Asus, Gionee and various others have been selling their power banks on various portals.
What to look out for in a power bank:
- Bigger capacity power banks also mean equally longer recharge time
- You will often find yourself in situations where you will have to carry both your smartphone and power bank in your hands, so manageable form factor is a point worth considering
- Branded options will be your best best
Mobile phones are not just communication devices anymore; they are much more than that. And if you are a fitness freak, or planning to lose your beer tummy mobile phones could play their part and assist you in this task.
Though mobile phones come with an array of sensors, a fitness band is on your wrist through out your day and most of these wearables come with optimized software, which makes all the difference.
Today, the market is flooded with fitness trackers which are equipped with all kinds of sensors. Apart from reading your footsteps, now these fitness straps offer insights on your body’s vital stats, sleeping and eating habit, heartbeat, blood pressure and more. Brands like Fitbit Microsoft, Xiaomi, Goqii continue to learn and add new features to make your experience more gratifying.
What to look out for in Fitness Trackers:
- You should prefer those which automatically track your sleep
- Bands like GoQii and YU Fit with coaching services are effective but not very accurate, they heavily rely on coach services rather than accuracy
- Comfortable straps and resistance to water are mandatory requirements
- Ensure that it is compatible with your smartphone
According to Wikipedia, a selfie stick is a monopod used to take selfie photographs by positioning a smartphone or camera beyond the normal range of the arm. Renowned Time Magazine listed Selfie as the top ten buzzwords of 2012. Initially, Indians took some time to get the hang of this Selfie phenomenon. But in last couple of years, we have gone wild with selfies. Whether it Prime Minister Narendra Modi or Cricketers like Sachin Tendulkar or Virat Kohli – this seems to be a country obsessed with selfies.
In 2016, we expect this Selfie frenzy to continue as the smartphone manufacturers are also giving additional attention to selfie cameras. To further enhance your selfie experience we recommend you buy a Selfie Stick, which not only allows you to capture photos from a different angle, but also helps take distant shots which allows you to fit more in each selfie frame. Selfie sticks start from a modest price of Rs. 150 to all the way up to thousands depending upon your needs and budget.
What to look for while buying a selfie stick:
- Camera trigger mechanism is important. Avoid selfie sticks with separate Bluetooth shutter remote. Selfie sticks which plug into audio jack don’t require charging.
- Make sure the clamp is adjustable and clasps tightly
- Prefer sticks with sturdy build quality as you would damage your phone with those cheap, flimsy options.
Mobile photography has progressed leaps and bounds, but it is still far from perfect. Even the best of mobile cameras have their limitations when it comes to capturing long shots or macro shots. As of now, Mobile phone doesn’t really have the luxury of zooming in or out on the subject. Mobile applications do feature digital zoom which is achieved by cropping an image down to a centered area.
With the smartphones, a world of smart accessories has also expanded. Now, accessories like Mobile Camera Lens are available which will enable you to bridge the gap between mobile phone camera and DSLR. These external lenses are available in Macro, Wide Angleq, Fish Eye and 10x Zoom Lens options.
What to look for in lens kits:
- Check for variety of lens included in the package
- Check for compatibility with your phone and also phone case
- Prefer those with clips instead of magnetic ones
Headsets and Bluetooth Speakers:
If you are particular about your music then it is safe to assume that you are not content with the bundled headsets. Moreover, nowadays many manufacturers don’t even include a headset in the box. So you have to buy a headphone for yourself.
And if you are one of those who likes to travel and share your music with others market is filled with Bluetooth speakers which can amaze you with their sound and battery life. Manufacturers like Bose, Logitech, Sony and Creative some of the leading portable Bluetooth speakers in India. You can even consider accessories like Logitech Bluetooth adapters which can convert any speaker to Bluetooth speakers for comfortable wireless playback.
What to look out for in Bluetooth speakers:
- Check for Bluetooth range and ease of pairing. That minor does make a sizable difference in day to day usage
- Also, check for compact form factor to facilitate easy portability. Something you can’t carry defeats the purpose.
- Prefer those compatible with Bluetooth Apt-X as they are the ones compatible with high fidelity audio streaming.
- Depending on your specific needs, you can choose between many options like weather resistant speakers, speakers with microphone for telephonic conversation or perhaps those with big batteries that double as power banks.